About the business
iSeekSupport is seeking experienced and passionate Disability Support Workers to join the team. we are searching for enthusiastic, passionate and caring people to provide high quality service and individual support for people living with physical and intellectual disability across Great Sydney.
About the role
The Disability Support worker is the key front line operational roles operational for supporting in promoting independence to maximise the living, social, and recreational opportunities of participants with disability. Community inclusion, independence, decision-making and the personal choices should be promoted to be tailored support strategies focused on individual need. All service deliveries must be in line with the policies and procedures of iSeekSupport and the requirement of disability standards.
This will include but not be limited to:
- Assistance with personal care (including bowel & catheter management or mental health behavioural plans)
- Hoisting clients with limited mobility
- Providing medication Assistance
- Supporting our client through social activities – travel maybe required
- Provide travel assistance with client on holiday both domestically and internationally.
- Perform with consistence and professionalism, integrity and honesty
- Adapt to iSeekSupport policies, procedures and guidelines at all times
- Working together in decision making
Benefits and perks
- Casual hourly rate + Saturday & Sunday Loadings
- Paid Kms or Use of the Company Cars
- Employee Reward Program
- Access to discounts with our partners including Coles, JB Hifi and many more.
Skills and experience
- Certificate III or IV in Disability care
- Experience with Mental Health is highly desirable
- A current First Aid certificate and CPR
- Working with Children check & NDIS Workers Check
- National Police certificate
- An understanding of Participants Rights, Disability Standards, NDIS, Person centred plan is highly desirable
- Previous experience working in the industry will be highly advantageous but not essential
- Capable to meet physical requirement for the job
- NSW Drivers license is preferred